Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Fear not

Hi Stampers!
Happy hump day! Sorry I haven't posted in a while. After my half marathon I felt pretty tired, so I didn't create much last week. But I am back! 
I know many of you wondered why did I laid low the past year or so, when it comes to SU! In October 2015 my hubby lost his job, in November the same year my mom was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. She had surgery to remove brain tumor (the cancer had spread to her brain). In December I resigned as SU! demonstrator. In January 2016 I traveled to Macedonia with my mom (and my 4 yr old) to take her back there (it was her wish). Then in early March I injured my back. On March 17th 2016 my mom passed away and I wasn't able to go to the funeral due to the injury. I changed jobs (still the same company but different position), even though it was better position, it was still a change. in May/June 2016 I signed back up as a Demonstrator, but I wasn't still up to it. So I laid low. 2016 was just a bad year and I am slowly coming back. I am happy to report that I have recovered from the back injury, as you can see I just ran a 1/2 marathon last week. That was my 2nd one this year, and bunch of 10k and 5k races since August last year. 

I have a pretty simple card for you today, but had a lot of meaning (the sentiment) during all the events of 2016. I added some coloring touch that adds extra interest. 
I used the Rose wonder set and Rose Garden thinlits. I diecut the images from watercolor paper .. Then ink pads and aqua painter I colored the diecuts and adhered them on a piece of white card stock. After that I trimmed it to 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" and stamped the sentiment with Archival Basic Gray ink pad. At the end I just mounted the whole panel onto my Smokey shadow card base. 






No comments:

Post a Comment